Nok Air is another low-cost airline operating in Thailand. It was founded in 2004 and is based in Bangkok Airport - Don Mueang. As a curiosity, the word nok is the Thai word that means bird. In the beginning, Nok Air flights were bound to national destinations, but from 2007 began its international routes with flights to Bangalore, India. At the moment, the airline offers flights to 36 destinations within Thailand and to China, Japan, Laos, Myanmar, Singapore, Taiwan and Vietnam. Nok Air flights are operated with 25 aircraft. These are from the Bombardier Dash 8 Q400 NextGen, ATR 72-500 and Boeing 737-800 models. It also has 8 ships on request.
👜 Baggage regulations at Nok Air
On Nok Air flights you can carry carry-on and checked baggage in the hold. Keep in mind that in certain cases you will have to pay a fee to check luggage.
- Hand luggage: You can carry a piece weighing less than 7 kg and measuring equal to or less than 56 x 36 x 23 cm.
- Checked baggage: If you have purchased your ticket for Nok Air flights in Promo fare you will have to pay a fee that depends on the weight, the flight and the way of booking the luggage (by phone, by the web or at the airport). If your ticket fare is Nok Eco you will get 15 kg free to bill. If the rate is Nok Flexi accounts with 20 kg. Consider that if you are from Nok Fan Club or Nok Smile Plus, baggage allowances are larger.
🕗 Nok Air Web Check-in
It is not uncommon for you to take advantage of any offers of Nok Air on your trip through Thailand, as it is the airline with the most coverage in the country. You can check in online or at the airport.
- Online check-in: Nok Air offers the possibility to check in online from 24 hours before the plane leaves until 1 hour before. At that time you can select your seat. You will get your boarding pass that you can carry printed or on your portable device. Online check-in cannot be done on international flights.
- Mobile check-in: You can download the Nok Air app on your mobile device to check the flights. Billing can be done from 24 hours before departure until the previous 45 minutes.
- At the airport: Check-in counters for domestic Nok Air flights open 2 hours before departure. For international flights, you can go 3 hours before. These close 45 minutes and 1 hour before departure, respectively.